Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Sale
- When you place an order to purchase a product from us, you will receive an Email confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. The Order Confirmation Email is an acknowledgement that we have received your order and does not confirm acceptance of your offer to buy the product ordered. We only accept your offer and conclude the contract of sale for a product ordered by you, when the product is dispatched to you and an Email confirmation is sent to you that the product has been dispatched to you.
- If your order is dispatched in more than one package, you may receive a separate Dispatch Confirmation Email for each package, and each Dispatch Confirmation Email and corresponding dispatch will conclude a separate contract of sale between you and us for the products(s) specified in that Dispatch Confirmation Email.
- Your contract with us assumes that you confirm that the product(s) ordered by you are purchased for your internal/personal purpose, including gifting to others and not for resale or any business purpose. You authorize us to declare and provide a declaration to any governmental authority on your behalf stating the aforesaid purpose of the products ordered by you on the website.
- We follow stringent hygiene practices while handling sarees/dupattas/stoles during photography, packing and dispatch. We DO NOT model the products on anyone for photoshoots nor are they draped on mannequins. Thus, the items shipped to you are always fresh and unworn/not draped by anyone else. Once you receive the package, we request you to follow necessary hygiene and safety precautions
- Slight irregularities, if any, in the weave, prints or embroidery are not defects; rather they are by virtue of the fact that the fabric is hand crafted i.e. hand woven/hand printed/hand embroidered/hand painted/hand tied and dyed etc. Hand crafted products may have slight unevenness, mismatch in prints/color, color spills and other errors introduced due to virtue of being hand made. Do note that such issues add to the beauty of anything handmade. All products are thoroughly checked by us before shipping and we have a robust Q.C process in place. Some hand crafted products may be prone to shrinkage, color bleed etc.
- While we try our best to capture the real color tones as close as possible and our photographs are all in natural lighting, there might be variations in the actual products w.r.t the images, as these are digital images and there is a dependency on the device you use to view the images and the lighting at any point of time. Further digital images may not capture minute color tones, shot/dual/mixed shades and granular aspects of the fabric as a human eye can. Refund or exchange of any product on grounds of color variations and granular aspects will not be possible
- There can be some slight variations in actual dimensions provided against the products, as the products are measured manually. Lengths mentioned are inclusive of tassel lengths
- Kindly read the details accompanying each product. In case you need any further details, please feel free to contact us via WhatsApp or Email about any clarifications you may need on color, drape, texture or any other aspects which are of key importance to you
- If you are getting your saree/fabric shipped to your dressmaker/tailor etc. please note that Kalpavastram shall not be liable for any damages/incorrect alteration of the saree/dupatta/fabric or stitching or any other issues caused at the dressmaker/tailor’s end
- At the time of delivery, if you find the package tampered with, kindly do not accept the shipment. If you have accepted the shipment, it will be deemed as received by you in good condition
- Please exercise utmost care while opening the package. Please do not use sharp instruments to open the package, as you might unintentionally damage the fabric while doing so
- Dry clean only
Pricing and availability
- Kalpavastram lists available products sold by us on the website. Beyond what we indicate on that product-specific page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about the product details or its availability
- All prices are inclusive of applicable taxes
Kalpavastram’s website must not be used in any way that causes or is likely to cause, the website usage or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way You understand that you are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer/mobile or another electronic device to www.kalpavastram.com us and you must use the website only for lawful purposes.
Kalpavastram reserves the right to act in cases it comes to our knowledge that our website is used for any of the following purposes:
- Any fraudulent purposes, or in connection with an attempted criminal offence or other unlawful activities
- To send, use or reuse any material from our website that does not belong to you
- Acts that cause a heavy load on the website preventing customers from viewing or transacting on the site
- Post or redirect to anything illegal, or offensive (including but not limited to any material that is sexually explicit or which promotes hatred, fear, racism, bigotry, or any harm)
- Acts of deception, to mislead, to abuse, indecent behaviour, insulting remarks, or harassment in general, actions construed as blasphemous, defamatory, or libellous statements, obscenity, pornography, menacing actions; ethnically objectionable, disparaging or in violation of our copyright, trademark, confidentiality, privacy, or any other proprietary information or right
- Acts that are otherwise injurious to third parties, related to promoting money laundering or gambling or are harmful to minors in any way
- Acts of impersonation
- Actions that threaten the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India or hamper India’s friendly relations with foreign nations
- Acts causing incitement which may lead to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevent investigation of any offence or is insulting other nation, or objectionable or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever
- Propagating any material that contains software codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of our website
- Using our content to publicly provide resources for commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam; or to spread rumours or to circulate false and untrue information to defame us or to cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety
- Reverse engineering and plagiary prohibited - You are expressly prohibited, and you will not encourage, assist, or authorize any other person to copy, modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble, or otherwise tamper with or use the content on our website, including our policies whether in whole or in part or create any derivative works from the content on our website.
If you are in breach of any of these conditions and we take no action, it does not construe a waiver on you. Kalpavastram continues to be entitled, without limitation, to use its rights and remedies in any other situation where you or anyone else breaches these conditions.